Reviving Monday Night Swing in San Antonio
monday night swing
Alamo City Swing Revival is reviving Monday Night Swing, the iconic San Antonio tradition! Formerly at Sam’s Burger Joint, now swinging in its new home at the San Antonio Firefighter’s Banquet Hall. Transport back in time, meet up your friends for LIVE BANDS and great fun each Monday night!
Countdown to our next event
Alamo City Swing Revival presents
monday night swing dances
Doors open at 6:30pm!
lessons start promptly at 7pm.
music, dancing, and snacks at 8pm!
Sign up for our newsletter below for all of our updates and announcements!
Become a member of alamo city swing revival
watch our video about monday night swing
Swing Revival Members are those who believe in the Swing Revival and want to help it keep going for years and years.
- Membership fees per year are $40/person or $60/couple. $15/child (ages 8 – 16), $/First Responders/Military/Students & free admission/children under 8. You will receive free admission on the night you become a member.
- Members receive a discount on admissions for an entire year ($12 for members vs $15 for general public).
- Members receive other benefits and opportunities for greater involvement in the Swing Revival.
What is Alamo City Swing Revival?
- Alamo City Swing Revival is a swing dance organization operating out of The San Antonio Firefighter’s Banquet Hall. We promote social swing dancing and healthy swing dance activities to the our guests which consist of all types of backgrounds & life styles.
- It should be known that we are also a bipartisan organization. We at Alamo City Swing Revival vow to remain inclusive to everyone & anyone regardless of your skill, life style choice, occupation, musical preference, political ideologies, sexual orientation, gender, race & religion. We believe in true unity and that means being able to set aside our differences when you walk through our doors & come together for the love of everything & anything swing dance.
Monday Night Swing is our flagship program, combining dance education, healthy social swing dance activities, and lots of fun for everyone.
We plan to launch other programs from our home base at The San Antonio Firefighter’s Association Banquet Hall.
Dancing is a positive and healthy social activity and has been proven to improve PTSD, Alzheimers, depression, and general health and well-being.
Throughout the years, we have been proud to serve numerous veterans, active military, and Wounded Warriors. These are great examples of how swing dancing has been beneficial to overall health.
The San Antonio Firefighters first organized in 1918 under the International Firefighters Association. This local was short lived as city officials passed an ordinance that made it illegal for firefighters to belong to a union. Ninety-two firefighters were fired in May of 1920. It was not until 1947, when a Civil Service law was introduced in the state legislature, that firefighters and police officers were provided the rights and benefits they deserved. The SA Firemen’s Welfare Association led by Chief L.E. Mason, obtained 10% of qualified voters’ signatures to call for an election to adopt the Civil Service law. In 1958, the Firefighters of San Antonio joined the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) as Local 624.
Today The San Antonio Professional Firefighters Banquet Hall is used for events throughout all of San Antonio. It is most commonly used for weddings, birthdays, quinceaneras, receptions, and as of recent, dance events! Logistical services are provided by staff members of the banquet hall each week as well as security!
While we encourage all of our guests to consider getting the vaccine, we do not mandate them nor do we mandate masks.
We encourage you to consult with your healthcare professional to discuss whether or not the vaccine is appropriate for your health.
Swing Revival members are those who believe in the Swing Revival and want to help it keep going for years and years.
- Membership dues are $40 per year. You will receive free admission on the night you become a member.
- Members receive a discount on admissions ($12 for members vs $15 for general public).
- Members have opportunities for greater involvement in Alamo City Swing Revival such as running and voting for board members, obtain direct insight to ongoing activities related to ACSR, and participate in other events related to ACSR.
Parking is available on either side of the Banquet Hall. Can fit of up 100 vehicles. Parking lot is also provided with security each Monday Night!
- You can contact us by sending a direct email to firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to us on Facebook & Instagram. (see below)
- We will also have public meetings twice a year where our guests and anyone who is interested in our organization can come out and hear what we are all about. This gives anyone the opportunity to present ideas, solutions and any other important recommendations that would benefit ACSR and it’s community.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is monday night swing?
We keep admission as low as possible so that everyone can start each week right with Monday Night Swing.
Admission includes lessons, Dj & live band.
We provide a special discount to first responders & military (because they earned it).
Your attendance at Monday Night Swing supports Alamo City Swing Revival.
Become A Member
We encourage our guests to become members because they receive discounts for admission & have voting rights during board elections each year. Members also have special access to bonus content provided here on our Website such as behind the scenes footage, bonus lesson material and on going projects. Membership fees are listed above just below the banner logo.
Cash or Credit
We gladly accept cash or credit
San Antonio Firefighter’s Association Banquet Hall
The San Antonio Firefighter’s Association Banquet Hall is located off of the access road of I-10w just to the right of Medical Dr.
In google maps via Android, iPhone, Windows & MacOS, the correct address is listed as 8925 Frontage Rd, San Antonio TX.
8925 West Interstate 10
San Antonio 78230
- Mondays 7pm – 10:30pm
LOCATION (PLEASE READ)
Please double check the location before entering the address on your GPS! Different devices and operating systems pull up this address in different locations. This is an on-going issue that is out of our control at the moment. We are located at the San Antonio Firefighter’s Professional Association Banquet Hall which is located off of I-10 west just next to the ramp that leads up to Medical Dr.